FINE ARTS ELITE INTERNATIONAL
LONDON - PARIS
MAX LANIADO FINE ARTS
Consortium Laniado fine Arts New York, London, Paris
Judith VERGARA GARCIA
painter born in 1986
Judith Vergara Garcia in her studio
Photo courtesy of Judith Vergara Garcia
Paintings on Canvas
click on an image for full screen view and information
click on an image for full screen view and information
Judith Vergara García was born in 1986 in Bellavista - Callao close to the Callao's sea in Perú.
When she was a child she started to show interest in painting,
Judith used to draw with a blue pen on her black notebook that she still keeps in some place of her home.
Judith studied Art at the National School of Fine Arts in Lima.
She started to participate in Art Exhibition since she was a student.
She has taken part of collectives’ exhibition in Spain, United States, Chile, Mexico, Cuba, Colombia and Germany.
Judith has been featured in several publications Peru, Spain and Chile.
Now she is developing her personal art projects in painting, watercolor and digital illustration.
• "Post Tenebras Lux" Cardinali Gallery - Societa Dante Alighieri - Miami, USA
• “Delirium” Gallery 770 in Ricardo Palma Cultural Center - Lima, Perú
• “Dark Body” Bruno Gallery - Lima, Perú
• Exhibition in Lima's Cultural Center Ccori Wasi.
• Cota Festival of Plastic Arts - Cota, Colombia
•"Mother May I?" Thumbprint Gallery - San Diego California - USA
•"Materia Prima" Blam Gallery Brooklyn - USA
•"Pop - Art Gallery at Pop Allston" Boston - USA
•"Pintoras" Museum of Art San Marcos, Lima - Perú
•"Imágenes" Gallery of Sheraton Hotel, Lima - Perú
•"Más allá de los Referente" Gallery of Sheraton Hotel, Lima - Perú
•"Más allá de los Referente" Cultural Center of National School of Fine Arts, Lima - Perú
•"Mundos Diversos" Cultural Center Peruvian - Japanese, Lima - Perú
•"National Salon of Painting ICPNA" Gallery Juan Pardo Heeren, Lima - Perú
•"Art Fest" Contemporary Art Salon - Cultural Center Juan Parra del Riego - Lima, Perú
•First Art Convention "COPA"
• "Pandogatos" Illustration and Desing Fair - Diego Portales Univertsity - Chile
• "Art Takes Miami" Scope Art - SEE ME NYC - E.E.U.U.
• "29th Annual Chelsea International Fine Art Competition" – Agora Gallery New York – USA
• ASPHYXIA “Colectivo Oscuro” – Interval Chaos II Chile
• “Desde el Interior” Galería Sérvulo Gutiérrez - Lima, Perú
• “Second Patio” Escuela de Bellas Artes Sede Central – Lima, Perú
•" Mis primeras visiones" Savarín Cultural Center – Lima, Perú
• “Lima City” Juan Parra del Riego Cultural Center– Lima, Perú
• Salon of Illustration “Imagen Palabra 4” - Bogotá, Colombia
• Winner of Postcard Contest "LW Postales" – Art Project México e India – Puerto Vallarta, México
• “Nueva Pintura del Perú” Latino Art Museum Pomona, Ca. USA
• XXXIX National Salon of Watercolor ICPNA – Lima, Perú
• “Erotic” Art Space - Cholas Bravas – Lima, Perú
• “Imágenes de Arte Peruano” Cultural Center Gallery Parque de la Amistad – Surco – Lima, Perú
• “I Colectiva de Jóvenes Artistas” El Olivar Cultural Center – San Isidro, Lima, Perú
• “Desenfranquiciados 9” Hotel Los Delfines – Lima, Perú
• “Joyas del Apocalipsis” Traveling Exhibition Perú – Chile
• II Festival Internacional de Cultura “Rostros de Sal” Casa de la Cultura – Ixtapan de la Sal - México
• XXXI Festival del Caribe “Fiesta del Fuego” – Santiago de Cuba
• “Trazos de la Historia” Art Space Casa Pausa - Miraflores, Lima, Perú
• “Arte para Compartir III” Sala Aires – Córdoba, España
• “Arte para Compartir II” Galería de Arte Carlos Tinning – Magdalena del Mar, Lima, Perú
• “Técnicas Mixtas” University Las Américas Gallery – Lima, Perú
• “KUNSTPERÚ” Peruvian Art in Berlín, Institut Fur Alles Moglische, Berlín – Germany
• XXII Concurso de Acuarela “Paisaje Peruano” Galería John Harriman – Miraflores, Lima, Perú
• “Expo Venta de Arte Navideño” San Isidro, Lima, Perú
• XXXVI National Salon of watercolor ICPNA - Lima, Perú
Between Dead Leaves - 2017
Ink and Acrylic on panel 8 x8 in (20 x 20 cm)
Permanent collection of Museum MaReA
A Word by the Artist
Judith Vergara García is a figurative contemporary artist.
"My paintings come from loneliness, black and white photography, life and death.
My figurative oil portraits represent a timeless woman in search of immortality in surreal settings.
They change constantly at the same time that their emotions. My emotive portraiture reflects the vulnerability of woman facing an inescapable time line. These figures are fertile, fragile, and unable to conceal their fears and desires.
The natural and animal elements create a connection between the earthly and spiritual world.
My images depict our inexorable journey of mortality viewed through my imaginative lens."
Judith Vergara Garcia
VIDEO OF THE INTERVIEW OF JUDITH VERGARA GARCIA
BY THE MAGAZINE DOSIS CULTURA ALTERNATIVA (JANUARY 2014)
Judith presents her solo show in the Ricardo Palma Cultural Center - Lima, Perú
Artist in confinement - Lima 2020
These videos are part of the series of virtual interviews carried out by the #CONFINATORIO project, which in its first stage houses the GUIA DE ARTE LIMA.
#CONFINATORIO is a project that is born from the conviction that art is capable and responsible for generating changes at a social, environmental and political level for future generations. We strongly believe that in times of crisis Art is essential, because it allows us to observe the world from multiple perspectives and therefore, to know ourselves and recognize ourselves in one another.
#CONFINATORIO aims to connect us. Through a series of initiatives that bring together artists and people related to the Art World, it invites us to make a collective reflection on the turning point in which we find ourselves.
The first of the initiatives is a series of virtual interviews with Latin American Artists in times of pandemic. The artists generate audiovisual material, recording the responses through their own mobile devices, answering questions related to their experiences and processes during confinement. This material is edited to generate one-minute videos, which are being broadcast during the months of June, July, and August 2020 through the social networks of @guiadeartelima and @confinatorio.
GUIA DE ARTE LIMA is a printed editorial project produced by ODIMEP, a non-profit organization. GUIA DE ARTE LIMA is dedicated to the promotion of Culture, Education, and Art in Peru. It is published monthly since 1993.
SELECTED PRESS ARTICLES